I’ve finally become a grown up and purchased an actual domain. So be prepared to see some changes around here in the near future. I’m still figuring all of this out, so please bare with me. In the meantime, let’s get back to the food!
A while back, I posted a recipe for lasagna rolls. It was one of my very first posts. Since then, I’ve gotten a bit better at cooking and photographing said food. I figured, with the changes happening here, it was time to update the picture. I tweaked the recipe just a bit, substituting whole wheat lasagna noodles for plain. And added in a bit of Parmesan cheese too. The taste, still an absolute winner!
Enjoy the very first post featured here at our new home!
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups pasta sauce of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil a pot of salted water. Add your lasagna noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- While your lasagna cooks, mix your ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once your noodles have cooked through, very carefully remove them from the water and lay them flat on paper towels or parchment to dry. Pat lightly with a paper towel.
- In a 6″ x 6″ baking dish, spoon 1 cup of pasta sauce and spread around, covering the entire bottom of the dish.
- Spread 2-4 Tbsp. of ricotta mixture onto each flat lasagna noodle. Roll gently into spiral.
- Place each roll on top of the pasta sauce. Top each with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top of each roll.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cheese is melted.