Summer is really here, isn’t it? The weather this past week alone has made that evident. I’m sporting a nice, pink color on my cheeks and my hair is starting to frizz like no one’s business. True signs that the warm weather is here to stay, at least for a while.
Weather this hot requires cool drinks. Lemonade, specifically. I love, love, love a cold glass of lemonade. I am also of a fan of the versatility lemonade offers. Strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, vanilla. You can really jazz up standard lemonade into something fancy. I like to put some vanilla into mine. The sweetness of the vanilla really offsets the tangy lemon flavor. It’s the perfect compliment.
If you’re having any big parties today, try serving a big pitcher of this lemonade. Your guests will go crazy over it.
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1½ cup hot water
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla bean paste
- In a large pitcher, combine hot water and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add in the vanilla bean paste and stir well to combine.
- Juice the lemons into a separate dish. Add the juice to the pitcher and stir well, combining all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.