I really want to live somewhere with extreme weather. And by that, I don’t mean scorching heat and humidity. I really think it’d be awesome to live in a town where my best friend is a snow shovel. Where I can ice skate to work. Picture Mystery, Alaska only a little less quaint.
I’m not really sure why I feel this way. I don’t like shoveling, it’s a pain. And I don’t actually know how to ice skate. But something about living in a place where snow starts in October and ends in May just appeals to me. Maybe I’m secretly jealous of my brother who attended college in extreme snow Rochester, NY.
Either way, if I lived in an extremely cold place, I most likely wouldn’t spend my time sipping frosty drinks. I’d be loading up on the hot chocolate. Well, I don’t live anywhere extreme. Maryland is almost considered “southern”. And so I have to improvise with frosty versions of cool weather drinks.
Enter frozen white hot chocolate. It takes all of the great flavors of white hot chocolate and freezes them. This makes for an incredibly tasty, addictingly sweet drink for a hot day. The white chocolate adds a nice, sweet zip and the slushy texture is incredibly appealing for these hot months. Next time the temps hit 90, give this a whirl!
Recipe from Dine and Dish
- 6 half-ounce pieces of high quality white chocolate
- 2 Tbs half and half
- 1 envelope store bought hot chocolate mix
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ cups milk
- 3 cups ice
- Place the white chocolate and half and half in a microwave safe bowl. Melt for 30 second incraments until all of the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring well to combine. Slowly add ½ milk, stirring to combine.
- In a blender, combine the remaining cup of milk, the chocolate mixture and the ice.
- Pulse until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency.