Today while driving home, the Newsies soundtrack came on my satellite radio. I will be completely honest, I belted out the entire thing. I probably looked like a fool. I’m certain I looked like a fool. Not that I cared. I was listening to the melodious voice of one Mr. Christian Bale.
Hottest man on the planet. Yes, folks. I have a serious love for him. Since I saw Newsies when I was 8. Even during his weird American Psycho days. I stood by him when he won the supporting Oscar for The Fighter. I think the Batman suit fits him to a T. And his cockney, curse-laden rant is even acceptable in my book.
Because really, everyone needs some Christian Bale in their lives.
And everyone also needs this sandwich. Crispy, fried green tomatoes. Sweet and tangy basil mayo. Crunchy bacon. All the makings of the world’s greatest sandwich. You really can’t do without this one. Promise.
Recipe from Kelsey’s Essentials
- 4 slices thick sandwich bread (I used Italian bread)
- 4 fried green tomatoes
- 8 to 12 slices crispy bacon
- sweet basil mayo
- Toast your bread well.
- Slather one side with sweet basil mayo and be sure to be generous.
- Layer on two fried green tomatoes.
- Next, add 4 slices bacon.
- Top with lettuce and the other slice of bread.