Lemonade is quickly becoming a summer addiction for me. I’ve always been a fan of the classic citrus quencher but this summer, it’s gotten out of control. There’s been this, this, this and let’s not forget this one. Add this blackberry thyme lemonade to that mix and you’ve got a full-blown lemonade problem here.
I think this might be my favorite lemonade yet. I’ve seen blackberry thyme margaritas floating around the internet but wanted to try them in a different way. I love margaritas as much as the next gal but this just begged to be made into something else. The sweet blackberry is perfect with the tarty lemon and somewhat savory thyme. And it’s so surprising a combination, people will beg for your secret recipe.
You too can have a secret recipe! Friends will marvel and debate what you used in this drink. They’ll wonder how you became such a genius. And they’ll sing your lemonade-making praises from the mountain tops.
Inspired by Pink Parsley
- 2 cups blackberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 cups fresh lemonade
- Combine blackberries, sugar and thyme in large bowl. Smush them all together with a spoon until the blackberries release some juice.
- Set the bowl in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Run the blackberry mixture through a blender until smooth.
- Strain the blackberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth.
- Pour the blackberry puree into a pitcher of lemonade and stir well to combine.