Buffalo chicken cups are a fun and new twist on a classic party dish. Bring them and surprise your friends at parties and tailgates!
Even though fall sports have officially started, it is most certainly NOT fall weather, yet. Yesterday, we attended a UMD field hockey game (Go Terps!) and basically melted into giant puddles of grossness. I cannot wait for the weather to cool off so sports season can be enjoyable instead of just sweaty and gross. I want to sip hot coffee instead of downing ice water like it is my job.
Regardless, snacks. Tailgating snacks and foods. Specifically, buffalo chicken cups. They are a fun twist on the quintessential buffalo chicken dip. Instead of having a giant bowl of dip, you know have adorable little wonton cups filled with all the good things in life – buffalo chicken, cream cheese, blue cheese and Monterey jack cheese.
I cannot ever resist them, and I doubt you’ll be able to either!
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 ½ lbs. cooked chicken, diced
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 2 ounces Monterey jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. hot sauce
- green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Place a wonton wrapper inside each well and push down to form a cup.
- Place a bit of cream cheese at the bottom of each cup. In a sauce pan, melt butter. Once melted, add hot sauce and stir to combine.
- Add in chicken and toss to coat. Divide the chicken in the cups.
- Top with monterey jack cheese then sprinkle on blue cheese. Bake 20 to 30 minutes until cups are golden. Top with a sprinkle of green onion.