I think buffalo chicken is something universally liked by all. Other than children who can’t handle spice, I’ve not come across anyone that actually loathed it. Really. But sometimes, I get tired of the classic preparations. Sure, buffalo chicken tenders with a dollop of blue cheese dressing are really fantastic. And I can always go for a buffalo chicken wrap or salad from Red Robin (yes, we are those people that eat there). But I want something new!
And so, the wonton wrappers returned. Of course. You knew I couldn’t stay away from them for long. I’m sure that if something is stuffable, I will eventually stuff it into a wonton wrapper. I took a little shredded chicken, doused it in buffalo sauce, mixed it with a little broccoli slaw and blue cheese and stuffed the entire thing into a neat little wrapper. Then baked it. Then ate them all and didn’t share with anyone.
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2-3 Tbsp. buffalo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli slaw
- 2-3 Tbsp. blue cheese crumbles
- 8 to 10 wonton wrappers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, buffalo sauce, broccoli slaw and blue cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Lay your wonton wrappers on a clean, dry surface. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. of chicken mixture into the middle of the wonton wrapper.
- Wet the corners of the wonton wrapper with a bit of water then fold over into a triangle and press down the edges, sealing the chicken mixture in. Lay the wrapped wontons on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.