Once summer ends and school starts, fast and easy meals become necessary. This one pot caprese pasta is the fast and easy meal of your dreams.
Around here, it feels like things are always on the go. I never really used to think I was busy because there was always time for a House of Cards episode or a little guilty pleasure America’s Next Top Model. But in reality, things are busy and fast meals are necessary. I’ve been stocking the freezer with meals lately, trying to stock-pile for sports season so we don’t end up at McDonald’s every night of the week.
And while the pasta may not be freezer-friendly, it couldn’t be any easier. It fits perfectly with the Recipe Redux theme of getting back to the table. The quick and easy nature of this dish leaves plenty of time to sit down at the table together and grab a meal before heading off to a sports practice or a neighborhood run. Plus it has all the good things in life. Pasta, tomatoes, basil, luscious pearls of mozzarella cheese. What is there not to like?
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice (I used spaghetti)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls
- Combine all but mozzarella in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and to medium and simmer until the liquid has reduced. Remove from heat.
- Stir in mozzarella.
- Divide into bowls and top with additional parmesan if you choose.