Chicken Parm Paninis
Recipe type: sandwich, panini, fall, italian, quick and easy, lunch, dinner, kid-approved
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 1″ strips
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 6 slices thick, sourdough bread
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 Tbsp. butter, soft
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk the egg with a bit of water in a small bowl. Pour the breadcrumbs in a separate, shallow dish.
- Dredge the chicken pieces first in egg then in breadcrumbs, coating completely.
- Heat a sauce pan with ½ inch of oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, place the chicken pieces in and cook until golden brown on one side. Flip and cook until golden on the other, then remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Once the chicken has drained, place it on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, heat up the panini press.
- Take the butter and mix in the garlic until well combined. Slather some butter on each piece of bread.
- Take three pieces of the bread and line with 2-3 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese and 2-3 Tbsp. marinara sauce. Sprinkle on a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, lay 2-3 pieces on top of the bread. Top with the remaining three pieces of bread.
- Place on the panini press and cook until golden brown and cheese has melted, about 3 minutes.