Chocolate malt Whopper blondies will disappear from your dessert table before you’ve even had time to set them down.
It’s been so long since I’ve baked. We’ve been so busy lately, I haven’t had time to really get in the kitchen and bake something delicious. So of course, The Leftovers Club gave me every reason to bake up something good. I always want to be creative and send something savory, but it never happens.
I’ve had my eye on these blondies forever. Chocolate malt Whopper blondies are my take on Baked’s amazing Brewer’s blondies. I’ve made my own tweaks here and there. Instead of using all-purpose flour, I went with half white whole wheat. And while Baked suggests adding nuts and chopping all the Whoppers, I skipped out on the nuts all together and opted for some whole Whoppers. The chocolatey, malty crunch they give is like a surprise in every blondie.
They were perfect for sending to Shaina. She blogs at Take a Bite Out of Boca and makes some amazing foods. She’s also spunky, fun and sweet. How could I not send her these? Shaina, I hope you love them when they finally make it your way! You are my favorite!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. chocolate malted milk powder
- 7 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 Tbsp. chocolate chunks
- 6 Tbsp. chopped Whoppers
- 2-3 Tbsp. whole Whoppers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a glass baking dish with aluminum foil.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, chocolate malt powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks, chopped Whoppers and whole Whoppers.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.