As a lover of fall and all things it entails, I’m absolutely smitten with the weather lately. It hasn’t been scorching (though now that I’ve said it out loud, I’m sure it will be). It’s been balmy, almost cool. Chilly, even, at times. I’ve worn a sweater outside… twice! It’s fantastic and I love it. It makes me want to rush the rest of summer and break out the pumpkins, spice and squash. Skip over everything else the rest of the summer has to offer. I could, in a heart beat.
Except I would miss one thing. Milkshakes. Until my last dying day, I will love milkshakes with all of my heart. I love every milkshake (except the ones with big fruit chunks). I love the variety, the sweetness, maybe the warm ripple of fudge you decide to toss in there… These milkshakes have become my favorite lately. Ever since discovering chocolate malted milk powder, I’ve had to toss it on just about everything. Milkshakes, of course, were no exception. But what really makes this shake special? It’s the whipped cream. Spiked with just a little bit of the malted milk powder, it’s a perfect finish to a perfect milkshake. Of course, don’t forget to top it off with a bit of crushed chocolate candies.
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (can be homemade or store-bought)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate malted milk powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 additional Tbsp. chocolate malted milk powder
- chocolate malted milk balls, chopped, for garnish
- In a blender, combine vanilla ice cream, milk, vanilla and chocolate malted milk powder. Blend until well-combined.
- Add additional ice cream or milk, depending on your thickness preferences.
- Combine heavy cream and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a whip attachment. Whip until the cream starts to form soft peaks.
- Add chocolate malted milk powder and whip to combine.
- In two small mason jars, pour the milkshakes evenly. Top with a dollop of the whipped cream and garnish with the chocolate candies. Add a straw for decoration