Cotton candy cheesecake squares are the ultimate party treat – fun, whimsical and colorful.
Oh, cheesecake. My one true love. It is most certainly in my top three favorite desserts, followed only be lemon tarts and French macarons. There’s something about the richness, the smoothness, the creamy texture of a cheesecake that makes me see choirs of singing angels. And with how easy cheesecake squares are, there is really no excuse to whip these up all the time. I mean, sure my thighs probably wouldn’t approve but when have I really listened to them?
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 3 sugar ice cream cones, crushed
- ? cup butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. cotton candy flavor
- 2-3 Tbsp. sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine sugar cones, graham crackers, melted butter and 3 Tbsp. sugar until well-mixed. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 13?x9? baking dish. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand-mixer (or with a hand mixer), cream together cream cheese and sugar until well-mixed. Add in vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and mix until fully combined. Add in the cotton candy flavor and mix well.
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the vanilla wafer crust and spread it into an even layer. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool then refrigerate for at least an hour.