Over the weekend, Brian gave me one of my Christmas gifts early. He ordered all of the premium channels for the house. I sat in front of the television for a good hour and a half on Saturday, wrapping gifts and watching Girls. And then spent Sunday wondering why it took me so long to realize that Girls is one of the best shows I’ve seen, ever.
I always hate when I get wrapped up in the hype of something so I’m glad that it took me this long to come around. But the show is hilarious. It shows those awkward moments that happen in real life that everyone hates. And also, Hannah Horvath is gross but I still love her, because she’s real. Either way, this show is great.
And these cupcakes, cranberry stuffed cupcakes, they’re also great. I used a little leftover cranberry sauce for the center of the cupcakes and then toss a bit in with the buttercream as well. It was definitely a home run. I took them into work and they were promptly devoured. I even convinced my cranberry-hating co-worker to try one. So needless to say, they’re pretty good.
There’s still time to make these for Christmas. However, let the record show these babies would make an excellent New Year’s treat. The sugared cranberries on top are not only tasty but also stunning to look at. So whip some up for your next party. Enjoy!
- For cupcakes:
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cups milkFor icing
- 2¼ cups butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 to 6 Tbsp. cranberry glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. In the bowl of a stand mixer. combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and eggs and mix until well combined. In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, ¾ to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 22 minutes until cooked-through. Allow to cool completely.
- Use a butter knife and slice a circle out of the middle of the cupcake. Pour some of the cranberry glaze into the middle of the cake.
- Combine butter, powdered sugar and cranberry glaze in a mixer and mix well until completely combined. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Top with sugared cranberries