I participated in a recipe swap this month and was assigned Mary Ellen’s blog, Cooking Creations. If you haven’t seen it yet, check it out. She makes mostly savory dishes. My kind of gal, since baking has never been my strong suit.
There were a lot of great dishes to choose from on her site. But once I saw the creamy corn taquitos, I knew what I would make. Taquitos are always really tasty so it was the filling that really caught my eye. I loved the idea of mixing corn and bell peppers with cream cheese. They turned out super tasty! I did NOT eat four in one sitting. I didn’t. I really didn’t.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ small yellow onion, diced
- ¼ each red and green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup corn
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 6 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat your oil in a sauce pan over medium high heat. Add in the onions and peppers and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the corn and spices and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Heat your corn tortillas, one at a time, in the microwave to get them soft.
- Place about 2 heaping teaspoons of filling in the center of each tortilla. Roll them tightly and place them, seam down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until crisp.