Hi guys! Today, we’ve got a fun post from my friend Elizabeth at ReadySetEat! When she told me about this soup, I swooned. I am a HUGE soup lover, especially squash soups. I can’t resist and this one definitely hits the mark!
Hello! I’m Elizabeth, and I’m writing on behalf of ReadySetEat here today on Feed Me, Seymour. ReadySetEat is a website that offers a variety of quick dinner ideas, and now that October is officially here, I thought a warm and comforting fall recipe would be perfect to share with all of you! This recipe for Creamy Squash Soup is sure to please.
Don’t you just love fall? It’s so much fun walking into grocery stores and seeing all of the pumpkins lined up outside, along with hay bales and corn stalks. There are all sorts of fall festivals that I can’t wait to attend, too. The trees are looking so nice in all of their fall colors, and the weather is crisp without being too cold.
Getting back to the recipe, this Creamy Squash Soup will help dress up your dinner menu for fall. This soup combines winter squash, applesauce, vegetable broth, sage, and half-and-half and will be ready in just thirty minutes.
Creamy Squash Soup
- 2 pkgs. (10 oz. each) frozen pureed winter squash
- 1/4 cup Parkay® Original Spread-tub
- 1 cup natural unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (14 oz. each) vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Cook squash in microwave according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt Parkay in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add squash, applesauce, broth, onion salt, sage, and pepper; stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in half-and-half; simmer over low heat 1 to 2 minutes more.