When it comes to quick and easy summer desserts, there is nothing better than grilled caramelized pineapple. The tender, fleshy fruit tastes almost like a candy apple when tossed over the heat.
There are two things that should be present at every summer party: dessert and fruit. And this little bite here? Well, it combines the best of both. The warm season is when fruit really shines, sweet and ripe and juicy. And while fruit is amazing on its own, sometimes it just gets a little better when you dress it up. Case in point: grilled caramelized pineapple.
Grilling your fruit gives it a great char, a smoky flavor. It offsets the intense sweetness of the ripe pineapple. Now, throw on a little sugary glaze while you are grilling. It caramelizes and gets just a little bit crispy, almost like a candy apple. And really, what is more summer than a little crispy candy topping?
- 1 pineapple, sliced into rings
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 6 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Heat the grill to medium high and spray with non-stick spray.
- While it heats, combine butter and brown sugar until well mixed.
- Place the pineapple on the grill grates. Use a pastry brush and brush each slice with the sugar mixture.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes until the pineapple begins to brown and the sugar begins to caramelize.
- Flip and brush the other side with the glaze. Cook for five more minutes until the fruit browns and caramelizes.