There’s an episode of Sex and the City where Carrie has incredible writer’s block. Funny, since she’s a fake writer and a terrible fake writer at that. However, I can sympathize. She actually wrote “Men as socks”. I would prefer to compare myself to actual people, admirable people worth looking up to. Amazing women writers who pave the way for the next generation of female writers. Women who write about things that are important, meaningful, life-changing.
What was I talking about? Right, Carrie Bradshaw and how much she sucks. Anyway, I can at least relate to her writer’s block. Because while this granola is fantastic in every sense, I can’t think of a thing to say about it. Nothing witty or funny or even deep and meaningful. Nothing. Just this granola rocks, I love it. I want to eat it every morning for breakfast without yogurt, just by itself. Coffee granules really add to everything they are mixed into, walnuts are my favorite, granola rocks. The end.
- 3 cups thick cut rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons flax seed
- 2 Tablespoons coffee granules
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, coconut, salt, brown sugar, flax seed and coffee granules.
- In a small bowl, combine canola oil and vanilla. Pour this mixture on top of the oats and mix well to coat.
- Spread the oat mixture onto the baking sheet in a thin layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir then bake 15 more minutes until golden.
- While still hot, mix in chocolate chips.