Well, that was fun. Disconnecting, be it on purpose or on accident, is actually somewhat satisfying. While our cable/internet was out, we played board games, soaked up sun, beached it, learned a few new card games and avoided emails. Avoiding emails is probably one of my new favorite things to do. Unless, you know, they are necessary and important. Or fun. Or filled with deals and coupons.
Moving on. I was trying to decide what type of recipe to share upon my return to the connected world. There was a yummy granola bar that was worth sharing. And some mozzarella stuffed peppadews that are really asking to be shared before summer really ends. And there was lemon ricotta raviolis made from scratch. But then, there was this pasta a la vodka. It was another one of those quick and easy deals. Thirty minutes, at most, and you’ve got a flavorful pasta dish that pleases just about everyone. I knew I wanted to share this one soon, so why not now?
Typically, penne is used. I, however, am a big fan of rigatoni and thus used that instead. Really, you could use just about any pasta you choose. The secret is in the sauce (and for those Fried Green Tomatoes lovers out there, it is just sauce… Nothing additional). It’s a snap to make and requires few ingredients. Toss in some red pepper flakes for an added punch, if you want. But really, try this soon!
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 Tbsp. heavy cream
- ¼ cup vodka
- 4 Cups cooked pasta of your choice
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, prepare your sauce.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Once it is melted, add the tomato paste.
- Stir it until it begins to melt into the butter. Add in the heavy cream and stir well until completely incorporated. Add in the vodka and stir well.
- Once the pasta is finished and drained, add it to the pan with the sauce and toss to coat completely. Serve hot.