Peanut butter and jelly breakfast parfaits are a great choice for early mornings. A little sweet, a little salty, a little crunchy, a lot of tasty.
Peanut butter and jelly are one of those classic combos. They show up on lists of “meant to be together” items at bridal showers. Basically, they belong together and are soul mates forever. Sort of like Jim and Pam or Sawyer and Juliet. When people describe Sawyer and Juliet, they may actually say “Man, those two go together like peanut butter and jelly.” Right?
So when breakfast time arrives and you are in the mood for a parfait, try a peanut butter and jelly parfait. A little salty peanut butter and a little bit of sweet jelly mix together with crunchy granola and yogurt. It adds up to a winning combination. For breakfast – or really, any time of day – it is a filling choice. It’s got a fun sense of whimsy to it as well. Add it to your breakfast menu when you are looking for something different.
What’s your favorite breakfast item?
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. strawberry jelly
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. granola
- Combine Greek yogurt and peanut butter until smooth and fully combined.
- Layer 1/3 of the mixture into the bottom of a small jar. Top with 1 ½ Tbsp. strawberry jelly. Add about 2 Tbsp. granola on top.
- Layer on another third of the Greek yogurt mixture. Add remaining strawberry jelly and about 2 more Tbsp. granola.
- Top with remaining yogurt. Sprinkle with additional granola if desired.
Inspired by Bake at 350’s PB&J Parfaits