I’ve been exercising a lot lately. I joined a walking group and it’s really kicking my butt. Yesterday, we “walked” for 2.3 miles. And by walked, I mean serious power walking. Uphill. It was tough but awesome. And while tiring, it’s also energizing at the same time. I feel so pumped afterward.
Walking or power walking or jogging is great because it allows me to eat cheesy, gooey sandwiches. I just walk it off later. I consider this to be my “walking” sandwich. Mainly because it’s fast and easy when I’m crunched for time before meeting my group. Either way, it’s tasty. Double bonus. Quick and tasty. Always a winning combination.
- 2 thick slices of sandwich bread
- 3 slices American cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pizza sauce
- In a small sauce pan, heat butter over medium high.
- Toss in veggies and cook until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat up panini press according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Lay your bread on a flat surface. On one side, lay 3 slices of cheese. On the other side, spread your pizza sauce.
- Lay your peppers and onions on top of cheese. Place the sauce half on top.
- Cook in the panini press for about 2 minutes until cheese is melted.