Super Bowl Sunday has got to be one of the biggest food holidays of the year. Wings, chips, dip, beer. I myself am known to indulge despite my lack of interest in everything but the commercials and adorable Puppy Bowl show.
A good snack is key to enjoying a holiday mainly based around food and competitive sports. But you don’t need to sit around and eat like a cave man. Wings are great, of course. I could eat my weight in wings. Although why not go for something a little more sophisticated? Serve these poppyseed chicken salad bites if you want to class up your game-day party a little. They pack a flavor punch that will leave you satisfied and not regretting the decision of choosing cute foods over saucy and sloppy foods.
- ½ pound chicken breast, cooked and cut into chunks
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ¾ cup seedless red grapes, chopped
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 tsp. poppy seeds
- 15 phyllo cups
- In a small bowl, combine chicken, celery and grapes.
- In another bowl, stir together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and poppy seeds. Stir well to combine.
- Pour poppyseed dressing on top of the chicken mixture and stir to coat. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Lay phyllo cups out on a flat surface. Using a teaspoon, scoop about 1 teaspoon of chicken into each cup.
- Serve cold.