A while back for my birthday, my dear friend Nicole sent me some granola. And no lie, it changed my life. Since then, I’ve been looking into granola. Trying to find lots of different recipes. See, granola is easy and also delicious. And healthy. Bonuses all around.
I made this flaxseed granola over the weekend and it was welcomed by all. I’ve tossed it into my yogurt for breakfast. I’ve also eaten it plain, by itself. It’s been breakfast all week and that makes me happy. And full. And fulfilled. It’s healthy, after all.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flaxseed
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a bowl, combine oats, flaxseed and walnuts.
- In another bowl, combine applesauce and honey.
- Pour the applesauce mixture into the oat mixture. Stir well to coat.
- Pour the oat mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minute to avoid burning.