Nothing says “I love you” like homemade pie. Share these miniature pies with your loved ones this holiday.
Raspberry Nutella Hand Pies
Recipe type: dessert
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 8 Tbsp. cold, unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp. ice water plus 2 more if needed.
- Raspberry jam
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Add butter and use your hands to grind the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons ice water. Work the water into the dough until it is slightly crumbly but holds together well.
- Turn the dough onto a work surface. Form it into ¾ inch thick disk. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Take your dough and roll it onto a lightly-floured surface. Roll it between ⅛ and ¼ inch thick.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut hearts out of the dough. Combine the scraps and repeat the process until you have no more dough. You should have about 16 hearts.
- Lay 8 hearts on your flat surface. Scoop about 1 teaspoon of Nutella onto the middle of each heart. Layer a teaspoon of raspberry jam on top of the Nutella.
- Place the remaining 8 hearts on top of the Nutella-filled hearts. Press the seams together. Using a fork, crimp the outsides of the pies.
- Use your fork to poke a small set of holes into each pie. Lay the pies on the parchment paper and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.