“Create meals around your favorite vegetables. There is nothing worse then resenting the choice to eat healthy.”
It’s so true. I try to force myself to eat tomatoes in salad. Or peas. They are just gross. Sorry. But this statement is so true. If I try to force myself to eat salads for lunch, I’m only going to end up grumpy and pissed off at salad. So instead, I’m looking into the veggies I love and seeing which ones are great. Butternut squash and sweet potatoes and green beans. I never used to be a green bean fan but now that I know how to prepare them in a way I like, I could eat them every day.
- Approximately 4 cups fresh green beans
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your green beans in a large bowl. Drizzle oil on top.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic and toss the beans well with your hands, making sure to evenly coat.
- Place the beans on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes until just crisp.