Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about Disney World. Let me be a little more specific. I’ve been thinking about Journey Into Imagination. Not Journey Into YOUR Imagination or Journey Into Imagination with Figment. They are a watered down version of the original brilliance that was Journey Into Imagination. There is nothing like the true original attraction that featured the friendly and creative Dreamfinder and his charming and adorable purple friend, Figment.
And while this might be blasphemous to say, I might even like Figment more than Mickey. It’s hard to judge, Mickey is pretty much the greatest thing in my world. But Figment? He is just unreal in his adorability. The song from the original attraction is just as catchy as It’s A Small World’s theme and the entire attraction focuses on using your imagination and getting creative. It’s sheer, simplistic brilliance.
- 6 bratwurst
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- For gravy:
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. herb and spice mix
- Preheat your broiler to low and place oven rack in the center. Place the bratwurst on a foil lined sheet and place it under the broiler. Cook for twenty minutes, turning every five minutes, until cooked through.
- While the bratwurst cooks, make your potatoes. Set a pot of water with potatoes over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Once tender, add them to a large bowl.
- Place the butter, cream cheese and heavy cream in with the potatoes and use a fork to mash and incorporate. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the gravy. Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium. Once melted, add in the flour a tablespoon at a time, whisking in between each addition, until fully incorporated. Slowly add in the milk, whisking constantly, until smooth. The mixture will then begin to thicken.
- Once thick, add in the spice mix and whisk to incorporate.
- To assemble, place a large serving of potatoes on a plate. Top with bratwurst and drizzle with gravy,