Celebrate the end of summer with some spiked vanilla lemonade, perfect for a poolside party.
This summer has passed by at the speed of light and I’ve hardly had any lemonade. As you know, I’m a huge lemonade fanatic. I practically live off it all summer and even in the winter, too. I love playing around with the different variations and trying new flavors. But it really does feel appropriate to sip it poolside during the scorching months.
To celebrate the end of summer, I threw together some grownup lemonade instead of just the standard sip. It needed to be jazzed up just a bit. So why not with a little bit of rum and some vanilla?
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 6 cups cold water
- 2 Tbsp. rum per glass of lemonade
- Combine sugar and water in a sauce pan and heat until sugar dissolves.
- Pour the sugar into a pitcher along with the lemon juice and vanilla. Stir.
- Pour in the water and stir well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once ready to serve, pour 2 Tbsp. of rum into a glass and top with lemonade.
If you like this recipe, try a few others that are just as tasty!