I really enjoy food that is “mini”. I’m not sure why exactly. I guess I like the ease of it. Small, easy to grab, no need for a knife or fork. Typically served at fun parties. Yes, that must be it.
These mini veggie quesdaillas fit right into that mold. They’re crispy and loaded with veggies. You can knife and fork it if you want by adding sour cream and salsa. But you can also put the condiments in cute little cups for dipping. I will definitely whip up a batch to serve at my next gathering, whenever that may be.
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ cup refried beans
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Heat a medium-sized pan over medium high and spray with non-stick spray.
- Lay your corn tortillas on a flat surface.
- Spread refried beans on two of the tortillas. Sprinkle the bell pepper and red onion evenly on the beans.
- Layer cheese on top of the veggies and place the other corn tortilla on top.
- Place the quesadilla in the pan and cook about 3 minutes until golden. Flip and cook about 3 more minutes golden on the other side.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and cilantro (optional).