Perfection is farmhouse burgers with tomato bacon jam, fit for a king, queen or anyone who just really likes burgers.
A few years ago, we went to this local brewery for dinner. It’s not often that I gravitate towards burgers but one caught my eye in such a way I could absolutely not resist. It was a farmhouse burger, loaded with bacon jam and topped with a drippy, perfectly fried egg and some peppery arugula. Could you resist it? Nope.
I couldn’t either and it was probably one of the best burgers I’ve ever had. Kita of GirlCarnivore is hosting Burger Month this August and asked for some amazing burgers to round out an even more amazing collection. It was fate, kismet, serendipity. The burger – it had to be made.
Instead of a bacon jam, I used my famous tomato bacon jam. It gave the burger a saucy, smoky edge. And the drippy egg made it even more perfect. This recreation was, dare I say, better than the original. Make this today and I promise you won’t be sorry.
- 1 recipe of tomato bacon jam
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices colby jack cheese
- 1-2 large handfuls of arugula
- 4 burger buns
- Split the burgers into four equal portions. Form the portions into patties and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle over medium high heat. Place the patties on the griddle and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until cooked through. Add slices of cheese and allow them to melt.
- While the burgers cook, fry four eggs and set aside gently.
- To assemble the burgers, place the patties on the bun. Spread a generous spoonful of bacon jam on top. Top with a fried egg, arugula and the top of the patty.
And because Kita is amazing, she set up this amazing giveaway for you! So be sure to enter!!!!!
Giveaway Code ::
A huge thanks to all of the creative bloggers who were just as inspired by a month of burgers as I was and the awesome companies that have donated prizes to #burgermonth, Char-Broil, Cabot Cheese, Le Creuset, Dreamfarm,Spiceologist†&†Woodbridge Wines