Don’t bother going to the store and spending a fortune on frilly drinks. The S’mores frappuccino is easy to make at home without the extra cost or endless urge to also add a piece of lemon loaf to your order.
I stopped drinking frilly coffee drinks from stores a few months ago. It was around the time I was given the espresso machine and turned into a major coffee snob. I’ll still whip up a white mocha at home or test out a raspberry white chocolate latte to get the flavors just right. But ordering one at Starbucks is not something I do anymore. The espresso machine turned me into a brat and now, I’m a flat white gal. No sugar. It’s intense and I feel intense when I drink it.
Except then Starbucks decided to make a S’mores frappuccino and well, I couldn’t resist it. I wasn’t really planning on getting one, more than happy to just stick to my standard sip. But it was someone’s birthday and so we ordered up a round of the frosty treats.
Have you tried one of these yet? Because if you have, you’ll understand why I became instantly addicted. Sweet, marshmallow-filled, chocolately. Just like summer should taste. Since I am cheap, I decided to recreate them at home. There’s nothing like shoving a big spoonful of marshmallowey goodness into your mouth. Try this one at home and let me know what you think!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
- 2 sheets graham crackers
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff, plus 4 Tbsp.
- 4 cups ice
- whipped cream and crushed graham crackers for garnish.
- Place 2 Tbsp. marshmallow fluff in the bottom of two glasses. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine milk, chocolate syrup, graham crackers and 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff until smooth.
- Add in ice and blend until smooth. Divide between the two glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed graham crackers.